Today, in the message “The Advantage of Forgiveness,” I mentioned that I’d post five questions that I encourage each one of us to use to test if we’re walking in total forgiveness towards others.
Here they are:
- Does remembering a particular event trigger a strong emotional reaction?
- When you think of a particular person do you feel “okay” about them with no hint of lingering hurt, bitterness or anger?
- Can the offending party be thought of with a sincere desire that good things will happen in his or her life? Can you honestly believe & pray for them to succeed & be happy?
- Do you feel bad for their hurts or a subtle sense of pleasure at their misfortune?
- If you happened to see a particular person would you be happy for the encounter or try your best to avoid them?
If you find that, in any relationship, you’re walking in unforgiveness, don’t let it go unresolved. I challenge you this week to go to that person(s) and make things right. I want to see each of us walk in the true advantage that comes from walking in forgiveness .